Group 1 Automotive is a leading operator in the automotive retailing industry. We are looking for graduates to work in our service and collision centers in various dealerships across the United States. To view a complete list of our dealerships, please visit www.group1auto.com. If you want to build a successful career in this industry and have what it takes to be a part of our winning team - please apply!
Let us show you why Group 1 is your #1 choice for world-class career development and facilities!
Why join our Technician in Training Program?
It is important you join an organization that has facilities where you can be successful! Group 1 offers the following;
- Latest technology & equipment
- Stability / tenure of our management teams
- Market competitive compensation
- Ongoing manufacturer supported training
- Work week flexibility
- Large parts inventory
- Advancement opportunities
- High volume shops
The Technician in Training program includes several features to ensure you are successful! The training program is approximately 18 months.
We offer our trainees the following;
Student Loan Tuition Reimbursement
- Group 1 provides the necessary assistance you need after graduation to help you pay back educational loans.
- We provide you with up to $150 per month for educational reimbursement, not to exceed the monthly amount due.
- Reimbursement will continue for up to 5 years.
Tool Purchase Assistance
- We understand being a great technician includes having your own tools!
- Group 1 will provide you with up to $2,000 to purchase your first set of basic tools and a tool box to help get you established in the business.
- Upon 18-months of satisfactory employment with Group 1, the tools and tool box become your property.
- Moving to a new city can be stressful! Group 1 provides financial assistance to help make this process easier on your wallet.
- We will provide up to $1,500 for travel and relocation reimbursement expense that include:
- Travel and lodging expenses for travel greater than 100 miles from current home to new location
- U-Haul type vehicle rental expenses for relocation.
Mentorship and Development
- To expand your technical skills and ensure success, we will pair you with team leaders and master technicians.
- Senior leaders will ensure you are getting the maximum exposure to hands-on repetition training by using your skill sets.
- On-going manufacturer training will be provided to increase product specific knowledge you need to repair and maintain vehicles.
If you qualify and are interested in this program, please click here to apply. For additional information or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Technician in Training Program" in the subject line of the email.
Group 1 reserves the right to modify the Technician in Training program at any time. Certain restrictions apply to the program features.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.