Talent Acquisition Manager
More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive, Inc., is an international, Fortune 300 automotive retailer and a leading operator in the automotive retailing industry. Group 1 Automotive owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers across the United States and United Kingdom. We guide everything we do based around our core values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect.
We reward everyone at Group 1 Automotive with a team oriented work environment, opportunities for professional growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits program. If you are in alignment with our core values and looking for a great place to call home - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail.
We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to add to our growing team! This position will play a key role by overseeing the Talent Acquisition Team while also serving as a strategic partner to our Regional HR Team Members. This position will streamline and ensure that hiring priorities are understood across the company. You will work closely with HR Managers to understand workforce plans, hiring forecast and location strategies. Other responsibilities will include performance tracking and maintaining data efficiency within the Talent Acquisition System, arrangements for career fairs within regions and a clear line of communication and feedback HR and Leadership.
- Collaborate with Director of Talent Management to develop staffing strategies and programs to identify internal and external talent for key roles
- Leads and maintains the accuracy of the full cycle recruitment process, including but not limited to: identifying hiring needs with hiring managers, drafting job descriptions, processing job requisition approvals, monitoring the process flow of applicant pipelines within the Talent Acquisition Team, follow up on recruitment activity with hiring managers and closing out requisitions appropriately
- Partner with field HR Managers to determine hiring demands that align with workforce plans, labor strategy and location strategy
- Identify appropriate and effective external sources to identify candidates for all levels of the organization to attract a broad candidate base, utilizing cost effective, industry appropriate job boards, social networking sites, local associations, and other sources as necessary
- Oversee hiring, coaching and mentoring of the Talent Acquisition team
- Partner with field HR and Operations to develop partnerships with universities, community colleges, trade schools, and internships to attract essential talent.
- Prepare and maintain standard reports/dashboards as necessary to report important KPI’s and to appropriately carry out the functions of department; number of open positions, average time to fill, positions with turnover, workforce planning
- Maintain and provide data driven insights from interview tracking, time to fill, and any additional recruitment or hiring data to improve the overall TA process
- Maintain talent pools and pipelines of passive talent and build a robust network of prime talent relevant to your business units expertise and specialties
- Experience in examining and re-engineering recruitment policies and procedures, formulating, developing, and implementing new strategies and procedures to continuously improve as the business grows and to keep up with current best practices
- Knowledge of HR law as it pertains to recruitment and selection practices
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of end to end talent acquisition experience, with 3+ years of leadership experience, including responsibility for managing relationships at the Director, VP or SVP level
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to convey information in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement
- Drives results and success, conveys a sense of urgency; drives issues to closure and persists despite obstacles and opposition
- Ability to influence without authority to develop cooperative relationships with diverse groups
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has direct reports.
Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position with a hybrid work opportunity.
Travel – Travel is to be determined based on company needs.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.