Dealership Accounting/Payroll Assistant Manager
More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail, is looking to add a qualified Dealership Accounting/Payroll Assistant Manager at our corporate office in the West Houston area. If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards - apply today!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following benefits:
- Heath, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Review employee pay plans to ensure compliance with all company policies and standards based on employee’s department and position.
- Review and approve entered pay plans within electronic database for accuracy and compliance.
- Prepare and review end of period commission reports, review for accuracy, and distribute to department managers for employee review and confirmation.
- Enter additional end of period bonuses and confirm necessary supporting documentation received from department managers.
- Prepare and post final end of period commission entries to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures within the department.
- Train employees on proper processes and procedures as well as general dealership accounting practices to ensure a full understanding of their job functions.
- Review and resolve commission discrepancies noted by Department Managers or employees.
- Other duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of Dealership Accounting Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong Multitasker
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing processes
Relevant Experience – preferred, not required:
- Payroll experience
- Customer service experience
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend!
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.