Accounts Payable Verifier
More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive (“Group 1”), a Fortune 300 company, owns and operates 200+ automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. The Business Support Center serves as the foundation of Group 1 Automotive’s industry leading accounting organization. We are looking to add a qualified Accounts Payable Verifier Clerk to our team. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our Company Core Values of Integrity, Transparency, Professionalism, Teamwork, and Respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive industry. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
• Gain knowledge of how the verify system (Datacap) integrates with the accounting system (ADP) and Archiving System (Docuware)
• Use the Datacap system to verify invoices
• Verify invoices within each markets criteria’s and Invoice Type
• Process Failed Pre-Existing Invoices
• Process Rejected Invoice numbers, Invoice Amounts and Vendor Numbers
• Meet the daily deadline for batch processing
• Reconcile AP Statements during down time
• Verify up to 500 batches within a month’s time frame
• Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Administering performance management
• Identifying system and process improvements
• Backup coverage
• High School Diploma/GED
• Document Imaging Workflow knowledge is a plus.
• The employee should have the knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a file room environment.
• Must be able to demonstrate work process judgment and prioritization in a multi-task environment.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Must be able to work extended hours at month-end
• Great attitude with high-energy personality.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.