More Information About This Job
The Business Support Center is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add a qualified Staff (Schedules) Accountant to our team. Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Perform account reconciliations daily with a focus on mid-month and month end clearing
- Billing account reconciliations – Perform accounting maintenance on dealership/store schedules, including New and Used Inventory, Accessories, Payables, and Dealer Trade Receivables
- Review and correct all schedule items to remain incompliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Have an understanding of Group 1’s policies and procedures and guidelines, as it pertains to schedule cleaning items
- Ensure all guidelines are adhered to, as it pertains to schedule cleaning items
- F&I Product account reconciliations – Perform accounting maintenance on dealership/store schedules, including EFG, JM&A, GSA, Factory, Cal-Tex, LoJack, Keyfetch, and Aftermarket
- Clean Credits/ Debits
- Adjust differences to correct Controls/ Accounts.
- Re-class wrong Accounts/Controls to Clear the Schedules.
- Submit missed Contracts that need to be activated.
- Submit check requests to lenders/ customer.
- Work with FI Products team to help clean credits
- Create adjustment entries for wrong postings.
- Submit Flat Cancellations for duplicate products or Unwind deals.
- Process the Cancellations used as a Down Payment.
- Void duplicate checks or write-off if not getting refund from lender
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post and process payment for Spireon and SPP Contracts.
- Clean Credits/ Debits
• High School diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s or associates degree in Accounting/Finance, a plus.
• 3+ years in relevant position/industry, required; Dealership accounting, a plus
• Experience using CDK is a plus.
• Ability to be self-motivated, with a great attitude and high-energy personality.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.