More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive (“Group 1”), a Fortune 300 company, owns and operates 200+ automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. The Business Support Center serves as the foundation of Group 1 Automotive’s industry leading accounting organization. We are looking to add a qualified General Accountant to our team. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our Company Core Values of Integrity, Transparency, Professionalism, Teamwork, and Respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive industry. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Perform factory and floorplan reconciliations at month-end;
- Post daily banking activity for all assigned dealerships;
- Post various monthly statements/invoices from the vehicle manufacturer;
- Post monthly/weekly finance and insurance product statements/invoices;
- Post monthly finance reserve statements from lenders;
- Assist in maintaining various other balance sheet account schedules; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Prior dealership accounting experience, a plus.
- Experience using CDK, a plus.
- Must be able to work extended hours at month-end.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.