Manager, Corporate Development
More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive, Inc., an international, Fortune 300 automotive retailer and a leading operator in the automotive retailing industry, is seeking an experienced Manager, Corporate Development. Group 1 Automotive owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
The Manager, Corporate Development identifies, evaluates, and conducts due diligence on potential mergers, acquisitions, or divestiture opportunities.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits with this position:
- Salary, plus Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Key member of the team involved in acquisition origination activities
- Assist the assessment of acquisition targets, taking process from introduction through to internal approvals for Letter of Intent terms
- Support external relationships as well as key business SVP/VP relationships
- Support relationships with acquisition targets management and advisers
- Assist the set-up of Due Diligence activities, managing internal teams and external advisers
- Assist the delivery of Due Diligence findings, management of internal review processes up to Board level, leading to approval of transactions
- Ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion, working with ambiguity and changing priorities, owning direction setting and prioritization of the projects
- Ability to structure, develop and articulate clear narratives with confidence to take forward ideas and present a view to a range of senior managers
- Managing, advising, and negotiating on new & existing property lease activities.
- Managing external agents / advisors in respect of property and infrastructure related matters.
- 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Preferably experience in Mergers & Acquisition experience gained within automotive
- Knowledge of the automotive sector and the key financial and legal issues relevant to acquisitions
- Strong knowledge from leading and involvement in a wide range of strategic Merger & Acquisition projects, including negotiation experience of transactions
- Real estate knowledge covering freehold and leasehold
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Negotiation skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritize your workload
- Confident decision making
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- IT skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- A practical and flexible approach to work.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.