Service Cashier - BMW/MINI of Arlington
More Information About This Job
BMW/MINI OF ARLINGTON is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add a qualified SERVICE CASHIER/BOOKER to our team. Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Thoroughly inspect every service repair order and/or parts invoice for proper completion, legibility and accuracy.
- Transfer the appropriate information from each repair order hardcopy to the soft copies (reconcile the repair orders).
- Calculate the material (or shop supplies) charge applicable for each repair order.
- Accurately calculate the total retail price for parts, fluids, material, or shop supplies, labor and taxes and enter them in the appropriate spaces on the repair order.
- Collect the total retail charges from the customer in cash, check or authorized charge account.
- Provide the customer with the proper change and/or receipts.
- Properly document charge purchases according to the policies established by the office manager.
- Calculate and enter the warranty charges applicable.
- Complete the accounting section of the repair order as directed by the business manager.
- Accumulate all repair orders and parts invoices closed during the business day to the business office daily.
- Maintain the effective labor rate control forms as directed by management.
- Handle and account for the cash in and out in the assigned money box daily.
- Control the keys associated with completed repair orders, return customer’s keys to them when their bills are paid and direct customers to where they may find their vehicle.
- File repair orders as directed by service department management.
- Answer the service department telephone, transfer calls to the people requested or best suited to take the call and take written messages when the needed personnel are not available.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Professional appearance and outstanding work ethic.
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well in a process-driven environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.