Collision Paint Reconditioning Tech - GP1 Collision Center of Arlington
More Information About This Job
GP1 Collision Center of Arlington is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add qualified Collision Paint Reconditioning Tech to our team.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
- Remove all previous paint coats and layers using appropriate chemicals and solvents.
- Prepare surfaces for new paint application using manual and power sanding tools.
- Mix paint to match manufacturer’s color specifications.
- Applying paint to car exteriors using spray guns.
- Follow and maintain dealership quality standards.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the painting and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Must be able to do small painting, buffing, interior repair and wheel touch up.
- ICAR or ASE certifications in auto body painting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and color.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.