Collision Estimator Trainee - Sterling McCall Collision Center of Houston
More Information About This Job
NEEDED IMMEDIATELY! | CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANTS!
Sterling McCall Collision Center of Houston is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add an entry level COLLISION ESTIMATOR TRAINEE to our team. We are a Certified body shop that offers high standards of quality repairs in Houston and surrounding areas.
If you are hard-working, self motivated, possess attention to detail, follow instructins and can work well independently, and be part of a great team, please apply. Learn on the job!
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Greets customers upon arrival as well as communicate with them on the telephone providing information, scheduling appointments and collecting customer vehicle information.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers, insurance companies and co-workers.
- Listens to customer requests and completes a proper, clear explanation on the work order.
- Thoroughly checks the customers' vehicles to determine all damage to the vehicle include: structural, exterior and interior damage, overall body and mechanical issues.
- Calculates the estimated cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each affected item on the vehicle as well as the estimate for the salvage value of the total vehicle.
- Review with the customer the cost effectiveness of repair versus replacement of parts.
- Determine costs associated with repainting or other applicable customizing that may be required.
- Proper completion of insurance claim forms to indicate repair or replacement cost estimates and specific recommendations.
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Must have an interest in automotive repairs
- Some experience in the automotive repair industry a plus.
- Available for Saturday schedule
- Proficient at operating a personal computer including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel and Word.
- ADP Dealer Services Experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
- Great attitude with high-energy personality,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written.
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer