Used Car Manager - South Pointe Chevrolet
More Information About This Job
South Pointe Chevrolet is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add qualified Used Car Manager to our team. The right candidate will have the drive to coach, lead, and engage our buyers and sales associates through and after a sale.
Job responsibilities :
- Meet monthly forecast for sales volume and sufficient gross to meet profit objectives.
- Have the ability to manage inventory to meet company objectives
- Create and organize all sales activities for the Used Car Sales department.
- Recruit, hire and develop a retail sales force.
- Establish a positive relationship with customers by getting involved at the beginning
- Maintain vehicle inventory and days’ supply.
- Ensure that salespeople are informed of all new inventory and current advertising efforts, including rebates and incentives.
- Appraise all incoming used vehicles.
- Work with the General Manager to forecast monthly sales and expenses.
- Enthusiastically assist sales people in customer interactions.
- Enhance customer satisfaction during the entire purchase experience.
- Supervise used car sales associates to ensure individual and department sales quotas are met.
- Partner with the Financial Services Department to develop and coordinate best practices for the most efficient and effective sales approach.
- Assist used car sales associates in closing sales as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
Some requirements for the position:
- Two or more years of previous automotive sales management experience.
- Previous F & I Management experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Great attitude with high-energy personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.
- Proficient at operating a personal computer including Microsoft Office: Email, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- A desire to work in a commission, performance-based, environment..
- Valid driver license and a good driving record.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our company values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the right time to accelerate your career as a part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend!
*All applicants must pass pre-employment screening to include background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment.
Group 1 is an Egual Employmnet Opportunity Employer.