More Information About This Job
Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail, is looking to add a qualified Corporate Counsel to our team. The Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing appropriate and responsive legal support and advice to the Company on a variety of legal matters, particularly in developing, negotiating and implementing a broad range of contracts. This position must have a solid business orientation and focus on practical problem solving, while upholding the Company’s strong ethics, culture, and principles of integrity.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional and flexible work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Draft, review, edit, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial and transactional agreements;
- Coordinate with and seek feedback and input from subject matter experts across the Company to complete contract reviews and approvals;
- Provide support to senior attorneys in complex commercial transactions such as M&A and secured financing.
- Provide responsive and effective legal support and counsel to all of the Company’s departments as needed;
- Identify legal risks and recommend and implement risk mitigation strategies;
- Support business initiatives and acquisitions;
- Manage and direct outside counsel as appropriate;
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Admission and member in good standing of a State Bar and qualified to practice as in-house counsel in Texas;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a law firm or in-house position;
- Core competencies must be in corporate law, public corporate and securities law is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research and presentation skills;
- Significant experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts;
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with sales and subject matter experts
- Practical, logical, and efficient problem solver;
- Strong work ethic, team player, and positive attitude;
- Organized and keen attention to detail;
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and self-directed;
- Able to handle multiple concurrent assignments, and assume personal responsibility for deliverables under tight deadlines, working well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Three or more years of experience, within or for the automotive industry;
- Knowledge of and experience with laws and regulations applicable to public companies;
- Experience with a wide variety of contracts, including commercial and technology;
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) experience;
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- A Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school with a strong academic record is required.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer a team environment, progressive work environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career path as part of the best company in the public automotive retail sector. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.