Collision Body Technician (Sign on Bonus) - Capital City Collision Center
More Information About This Job
UP TO $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED COLLISION TECHNICIANS! | TOP PAY
Capital City Collision Center is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add a qualified Collision Body Technician to our team.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- UP TO $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED COLLISION TECHNICIANS!
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Participation in Technician Development program.
- State of the art working environment with all the tools and resources needed
- Participation in Group 1 Pinnacle Program- earn points for awards!
What you will do:
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Check parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed. Documents and additional parts and labor required to perform a satisfactory repair.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Check parts against estimate and ensure proper parts are ordered and received.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
Experience we look for:
- Two or more years related experience as a collision body technician with structural collision and frame experience preferred.
- ICAR or ASE certifications in auto body repair, painting and estimating, a plus.
- Certificate from Vocational School in Collision a plus.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged vehicles including bodywork and when to replace or repair parts.
- Ability to read and following instructions on repair/estimate orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend!
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This position will pay $31 - $40 per PRB/Flag = Performance Revenue Bonus ($65,000 - $105,000 per year).