Houston-based Group 1 Automotive, Inc., an international, Fortune 300 automotive retailer and a leading operator in the automotive retailing industry, is seeking an experienced market Human Resources Manager. This is a key Human Resources position to help support our eleven retail automotive operations located in Georgia, South Carolina, and Miami, Florida. Working closely with the operations team to include the market director and the dealership general managers, this position will directly support our Group 1 employees in the Southeast market. The position is based in Atlanta, GA and currently supervises two HR administrators.
We offer the following benefits with this position:
- Salary, plus annual bonus opportunity
- Auto allowance
- Monthly technology allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time-off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee vehicle purchase program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an HR advisor for leaders in the areas of performance management, compensation, retention, employee development, positive employee relations practices, policy interpretation and implementation, and conflict resolution.
- Partner with Regional HR Director to drive talent processes in local market, such as: Talent Reviews, Succession Planning, and Development Planning
- Monitor and drive change to improve work culture, increase engagement, productivity and retention.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR staff and use data analytics on matters related to benefits, employee communications, internal and external compliance, and DEI initiatives.
- Partner with leaders to facilitate the smooth onboarding and off boarding of employees, including the review of exit interview data and providing recommendations on organizational improvements.
- Responsible for interpreting, communicating and enforcing company policies and procedures
- Evaluate and maintain processes for orientation, employee onboarding, training, and personnel development within the market.
- In coordination with business leaders, facilitate the review and administration of wage and salary programs/pay plans.
- Manage leaves of absence and workers compensation by following company policy and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure the company’s compliance.
- Keep up to date with changing state employment laws in their respective market and advise stakeholders.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies and improve the effectiveness of HR processes.
- Evaluate HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal law;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and guidance and independently set own work priorities, working directly with market leadership as needed.
- The HR Manager will report directly to the Regional Human Resources Director, and will lead a team of two (2) - three (3) HR Admins including day-to-day supervision, periodic evaluations, and development.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information at all times.
- Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred
- 5+ years in Human Resources is preferred.
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to create meaningful relationships and successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated experience in responding to complex inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write effectively and work proficiently within MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- 25 – 50% travel throughout the market for periodic visits to locations.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
Group 1 owns and operates 202 automotive dealerships in the United States and United Kingdom. Through its dealerships, the company sells new and used cars and light trucks; arranges related vehicle financing; sells service contracts; provides automotive maintenance and repair services; and sells vehicle parts.