Gene Messer Ford Collision Center in Amarillo is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add a qualified COLLISION CENTER MANAGER to our team.
Our top priority is our customers, and our goal is to repair the damage of all our customers vehicles back to pre-accident conditions in accordance with the automobile’s manufacturer, profitably.
If you are a self-starter with and an independent attitude who is driven to meet goals while maintaining a strict level of quality control and enjoy problem solving while being in control of defining and improving processes, look no further.
Our Collision/Body Shop Manager is responsible for the following, while maintaining the efficiency, profitability and reputation of our body shop’s daily operations:
- Oversee the quality, timeliness and manner in which repair services are performed and delivered
- Create a cohesive team with a positive attitude that includes all body shop employees
- Hire, train, motivate and monitor the performance of all technicians and body shop employees
- Direct and schedule activities of all technicians assigning work with matching skill levels
- Regularly monitor actual performance and determine reasons for variance
- Provide technical support for, supervise, and assist technicians as needed
- Ensure that all repair work is done correctly and in an acceptable time frame
- Maintain awareness of current and projected market conditions
- Keep abreast of all federal, state, and local regulations that affect operations
- Reach and maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain existing relationships with customers
- Coordinate resolution of customer complaints keeping customer satisfaction and department profitability in mind
- Comply with and enforce all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifying Candidates Must Have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an auto body repair facility
- 3-5 years of collision managerial experience
- Complete working knowledge of structural collision repairs
- Knowledge of DRP for process of insurance claims is a must!
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and dependable
In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Numerous other company benefits
Group 1 is a Fortune 300 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States and the United Kingdom. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.