Sterling McCall Collision Center of Clear Lake is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add a qualified COLLISION SERVICE ESTIMATOR to our team.
We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision, Life, Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with on going job training and advancement opportunities
Some things about the position:
- Greets customers upon arrival as well as communicate with them on the telephone providing information, scheduling appointments and collecting customer vehicle information.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers, insurance companies and co-workers.
- Listens to customer requests and completes a proper, clear explanation on the work order.
- Thoroughly checks the customers' vehicles to determine all damage to the vehicle include: structural, exterior and interior damage, overall body and mechanical issues.
- Calculates the estimated cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each affected item on the vehicle as well as the estimate for the salvage value of the total vehicle.
- Review with the customer the cost effectiveness of repair versus replacement of parts.
- Determine costs associated with repainting or other applicable customizing that may be required.
- Proper completion of insurance claim forms to indicate repair or replacement cost estimates and specific recommendations.
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Three or more years related experience in the collision repair industry.
- Proficient at operating a personal computer including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel and Word.
- CDK Dealer Services Experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
- Great attitude with high-energy personality,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer