Rivertown Auto Mall is part of fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail, service and collision. We are looking to bring on an experienced General Sale Manager with a documented history of success - one who thrives in a fast-paced environment to lead one of our locations.
We build our success on the success of others, and the ideal candidate for this role not just a manager, but a leader who motivates, inspires, and guides those who report to him/her.
This opportunity offers a generous base salary, significant commission opportunity, and growth potential that comes with our rapid expansion.
SOME KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, hire, lead and develop a team of Sales Professionals
- Lead the team in selling new and preowned vehicles at acceptable profit margins
- Lead the team to hit their personal goals and company expectations
- Lead sales activities to convert prospects into buyers
- Support our corporate sales training program through ongoing content review
- Lead team’s focus on high probability prospects
- Maintain social media marketing campaign to drive traffic
- Maintain the overall appearance of dealership showroom.
- Submit complete and accurate reports pertaining to sales activities and inventory
- Contribute your input to management on our continuing improvement process
- Maintain vehicle inventory and days’ supply.
- Ensure that salespeople are informed of all new inventory and current advertising efforts, including rebates and incentives.
- Appraisal awareness of all incoming used vehicles
- Work with the General Manager to forecast monthly sales and expenses.
- Enhance customer satisfaction during the entire purchase experience.
- Supervise new car sales associates to ensure individual and department sales quotas are met.
- Partner with the Financial Services Department to develop and coordinate best practices for the most efficient and effective sales approach.
- Assist new car sales associates in closing sales as needed.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Two or more years of previous experience in Automotive Sales Management required.
- Proficient at operating a personal computer including Microsoft Office: Email, Excel and Word.
- ADP/CDK Dealer Services experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- A desire to work in a commission, performance-based, environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver license in the state that you will work and a good driving record.
- Great attitude with high-energy personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.
- Outstanding communication skills in both verbal and written.
IN ADDITION TO GENEROUS COMPENSATION, WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism, teamwork and respect - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.