- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field.
- Willing to travel up to 20% – Required.
- 3-6 years of professional experience in public accounting, internal audit, IT audit or large consulting firm.
- Must hold a professional accounting qualification (CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent) or evidence of working toward one.
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience in systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits and disclosures.
- Sound understanding of controls and risks and their application to the business environment.
- Strong project management skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication, time management, organizational, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills: review data, develop themes and determine what is important.
- Advanced Excel skills - other computer skills proficiency (e.g., Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and use of data analytics tools (ACL, IDEA, Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, or similar tools).
- Working knowledge of general IT controls, application controls and SOC 1’s preferred.
- Relevant industry experience (proficiency with CDK systems) desirable, but not necessary.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Houston-based Group 1 Automotive, Inc., an international, Fortune 300 automotive retailer, is a leading operator in the automotive retailing industry. Since its initial public offering in October 1997, Group 1 has grown to become the fourth largest dealership group in the United States and has expanded into the United Kingdom and Brazil. The company has achieved its success through a strategy that leverages management experience and emphasizes geographic and brand diversity, interrelated revenue streams, operational efficiencies, and the prudent deployment of capital. Group 1 owns and operates 182 automotive dealerships, 233 franchises, and 49 collision centers in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil. Through its dealerships, the Company sells new and used cars and light trucks; arranges related vehicle financing; sells service contracts; provides automotive maintenance and repair services; and sells vehicle parts.
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.