Group 1 Automotive (parent Company of the Sterling McCall Group) is seeking Service Coordinators to answer routine automotive inquires, schedule service appointments, and have the unique ability to handle high-volume inbound calls. Located at our Business Support Center in Northwest Houston, Service Coordinators will create a seamless telephone experience that welcomes customers to our service departments. Group 1 Automotive prides itself on its great Company culture, direct interaction with upper management, and an amazing team.
Salary: $14 Hourly
Shift: Attend 90-day paid training Monday through Friday
Work Monday through Saturday between the hours of
- 7 am-7 pm, 30-40 hours, 5 days a week (Full Time) Here is Why You Will Want to Work Here
- Monthly performance bonus
- Onsite employee gym and locker room*
- Daily lunch options from onsite food vendors*
- Employee wellness initiatives
- Employee discounts for vehicle repairs, parts, or new and used purchases
- Medical insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Paid vacation, 401K with Company match, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
*suspended (temporarily) due to COVID-19
Keeping Our Employees Safe
- Masks are required in common areas throughout the office (This is not a virtual position)
- The company will supply each employee with a washable face mask at no charge
- Breakrooms and workstations are configured for safe social distancing
- Daily cleaning crew providing regular disinfecting of contact surfaces
- Occupancy is limited in restrooms and training rooms
- Provide world-class service in every interaction for optimal call center performance and customer satisfaction.
- Identify service opportunities for every customer to increase dealership profitability and service-drive traffic.
- Provide detailed information for each service appointment to the dealerships.
- Accurately advise customers on importance of routine maintenance and any recalls.
- Quote pricing on factory recommended services to provide customers with estimated repair costs.
- Follow up on all inquiries, to keep customers and dealerships pleased.
- Handle “status" inquiries and notify service advisors, or other dealership personnel, regarding progress for customer vehicles.
- Log all calls using appropriate codes rendered through approved CRM/call-tracking system.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of products, services and pricing for all domestic, foreign and luxury brands within Group 1’s dealership network
- Bilingual (Spanish) is highly preferred
- High School diploma, college degree is a plus
- Two or more years of customer service
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing skills,
- Computer proficient in MS Office and other common desktop software applications
- Must perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume call center environment dealing with various degrees of customer stress.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to secure appointments.
- Strong work ethic and attention to details with customer appointments.
- Great social skills to resolve issues between customers and dealerships.
- General understanding of call center performance metrics with knowledge of ADP, Xtime, dealer-management systems and automotive retail operations is preferred.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.