Group 1 Automotive is looking for a skilled individual to join our pre-owned operations team. As an acquisition specialist, you will use your knowledge and the data tools available of the retail and wholesale used car market to help us quickly value units flowing into our system. This role assists dealerships in valuations of vehicles acquired at the dealership.
The ideal Appraiser candidate will have 3+ years of used vehicle appraisal experience. Strong computer skills, teamwork mentality, and attention to detail are a must to be successful in this role. The position also requires good customer service skills and a professional demeanor over phone, text and email. Ability to work a rotating retail schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, is required.
The salary for this position $60k plus bonus opportunities.
- Assessing vehicle condition from information contained in an electronic Condition Report
- Reviewing vehicle history and market value data from multiple sources
- Communicating directly with dealership personnel to confirm accuracy and add to description
- Partnering with other team members to determine valuation
- Tendering an appraisal amount to dealership within specified time frame
- Prolonged periods of personal computer usage and data entry
- Other job related tasks as assigned
- Minimum 3 years used vehicle sales experience, and minimum 3 years used vehicle appraisal experience is required.
- Reside in Houston, TX or willing to relocate to Houston, TX.
- College degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of Inventory+ software is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- A great work ethic and ability to work both independently and with a team
- Excellent communication skills, including customer service and customer care.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word functions.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Strong customer service skills.
Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that owns and operates automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail. Apply today or refer a qualified friend!
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.