INTERNSHIP Part-Time Accounting Trainee
World Toyota is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail and service. We are growing and needing to add a Part-Time Accounting Intern. The purpose of the accounting Internship is to provide support to various accounting personnel with specific responsibility for the processing, recording, updating and reconciling financial information in compliance with established policies; and providing accounting support to other personnel, such as:
- Reconciling and maintaining assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Processing check requests and vendor invoices
- Performing physical inventory test counts
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled in a 4 year accredited Bachelor’s degree program and at least a sophomore
- Relevant major (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Business etc.)
- No Visa Sponsorship
- Offers of employment are contingent upon proof of the applicant’s legal right to work and be employed in the United States
- Must be able to work in Columbus, GA
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, and innovation
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Power Point. Basic math skills.
- Students must be able to work winter, summer, and fall semester.
- Students must be at least a Sophomore level to participate
- Paid semi-monthly
Group 1 Automotive is a Fortune 500 Company that offers our associates a team environment, great benefits, and ongoing training, support and advancement. If you are in alignment with our Values of Integrity, Transparency, Professionalism, Teamwork, and Respect - now might be the right time to start or accelerate your career! Join the best company in the automotive retail. Apply today, or refer a qualified friend.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment.*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer